Social discount for applications made before 1 March 2024 (“old” social tariff)
The “old” social tariff is a discount of 11.50 euro maximum granted by the operators on the fixed telephony or fixed Internet bill to beneficiaries who submitted an application before 1 March 2024.
Beneficiaries of the old social tariff who submitted an application before 1 March 2024 can keep their right, provided they are not in one of the 5 situations in which the current discount on the subscription is stopped:
- change of contract or tariff plan;
- change of operator;
- the operator no longer offers the tariff plan;
- the beneficiary has moved as a consequence of which fixed Internet is no longer provided at the same address;
- the beneficiary no longer meets the legal conditions to maintain the current discount on telecom bills.
These conditions are verified annually by the BIPT. All the conditions regarding the retention of that old social discount are laid down in Article 22 of Annex 1 to the Act of 13 June 2005 on electronic communications.
Social Internet offer for applications submitted after 1 March 2024
Starting from 1 March 2024 a “social Internet offer” can be applied for to a fixed Internet provider. The social Internet offer enables you to surf at a minimum speed of 30 Mbps and you get a 150 GB download volume. The price is 19 euro a month for fixed Internet and a maximum of 40 euro a month for bundles.
The granting conditions are laid down in Article 22/2 of Annex 1 to the Act of 13 June 2005 on electronic communications.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- before changing subscription, check whether the social internet offer meets the needs of your household. Opting for the social Internet offer means that the “old” social discount cannot be granted at a later time. Starting from 1 March 2024, it is no longer possible to apply for the old social tariff;
- a combination of both systems is not possible. In one and the same household only one person can benefit from either the social discount or from the social Internet offer.
The social Internet offer has to be applied for to your fixed Internet provider.
If you should have questions about keeping the existing social discounts (the old social tariff) please call our colleagues from Monday to Friday from 9 AM to noon at 02 226 89 41 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.