This market concerns call termination on mobile telephony networks. Call termination consists in terminating on the network of an operator calls made by customers of other operators.
Applicable regulatory framework
The provisions currently in force for the call termination market are organised by the decision of 26 May 2017. Several operators are designated as having significant market power and are imposed obligations to fulfil.
- Reference offers "Mobile IP Reference Interconnect Offer" by Telenet Group
- Reference offers "Mobile IP Reference Interconnect Offer" by Proximus
- Reference offers "Mobile IP Reference Interconnect Offer" by Orange
- Communication of the 27 april 2021 on the setting by the European Commission of maximum FTR and MTR Eurorates
- Pre-consultation regarding the end of the validity of the BRIO and BMRIO reference offers
- Communication of 13 December 2022 on the negotiation of interconnection agreements
Market analyses of 2006 and 2010
In both cases, Belgacom Mobile (now named Proximus), Mobistar (now named Orange) and Base (now named Telenet Group) were designated as having significant market power and were imposed a series of obligations to fulfil, amended as appropriate from one market analysis to the other.
Before the implementation of the market analyses system, the regulatory framework for mobile call termination was set via the following decisions and opinions:
|7 September 2005||Temporary measures to achieve the end-to-end connectivity between Belgacom Mobile and Base|
|5 August 2004||Decision on the regulation of MTR termination rates of Belgacom Mobile|
|23 September 2003||Decision on the termination rates of Mobistar|
|29 August 2003||Decision on the peak hours of the operator BASE for its termination service|
|18 February 2002||Designation of the SMP operators (interconnection and mobile networks)|
|13 February 2002||Opinion on the access to the Belgacom Mobile network|
|17 December 2001||Opinion on the interconnection tariffs of Belgacom Mobile|
|25 July 2001||Opinion on the interconnection tariffs of Belgacom Mobile|
|2 February 2001||Designation of Belgacom Mobile as an SMP operator|